Senior Product Manager // Small Improvements
Help us make work a better place! Small Improvements is turning traditional performance management into an ongoing and meaningful conversation. We serve 750 customers worldwide, including SoundCloud, Zapier, Duolingo and many more.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager who loves agile development. Help us move faster and craft an awesome user experience for existing and new customers alike.
If you’re a pragmatic self-starter and love a challenge, if you enjoy working with smart and opinionated people, then this is for you!
What you’ll do
We’re a company of 30 smart and opinionated people, we have 750 paying customers, and want to grow. Help us build great functionality that inspires prospects and keeps customers happy! You will be in charge of the following:
- Contribute to the product vision and maintain the roadmap together with the VP of Product
- Gather input from across the company, and interview customers and prospects
- Create high-level feature proposals that excite our teams and customers alike and solve real problems
- Work closely with our business intelligence analyst to really understand feature usage and patterns
- Collaborate with the Design Team during the wireframes/prototypes/mockup phases and test them with clients
- Write specifications at the “right” level of detail, working closely with developers to ensure ease of implementation
- Revisit features while developed, clarify in-depth questions, and keep everyone in the loop
- Launch (and sunset) features together with marketing and support
- Keep up with the HR Tech market and how we stack up against competitors
Our three cross-functional dev-teams plus the design-team typically work on three to five features or improvements in parallel. Every project can be different, but most likely you’ll be heavily involved in one or two of these any given time, and you’ll have a chance to contribute to others too.
Who we’re looking for
We believe that the following traits will be beneficial:
- You’re passionate about building a great product and understand how to iterate to an ideal end state
- You love to approach things incrementally, understanding that it is important to validate assumptions and invest accordingly
- You’re analytical and thrive when designing complex features and workflows
- You also enjoy thinking bigger picture & business impact, going broad rather than deep occasionally
- You are very interested in the topic of how organizations can work better, and how feedback and reflection can promote energizing work cultures
- You’re an optimist and make things happen!
We expect you to have a strong background in agile and pragmatic product management:
- You have three years of “core” product management experience — additional UI/UX/Dev experience is a plus
- You’re used to working in small companies or startups where individual impact really matters
- You’re experienced working in B2B settings
- You have plenty of experience working directly with developers and customers
- You are a creative problem solver understanding there is never just one solution
We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we value diversity. We’re looking for friendly and bright people who can develop a great product without developing a huge ego.
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re self-funded — our only “investors” are our amazing customers who have helped us grow our customer base largely through word of mouth.
- We balance life at work with life outside of work, and we don’t believe in overtime. If you want to work from home one day a week or a few weeks a year, that’s fine too.
- We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we believe diversity makes our culture and our product better.
- We invest in our people. You’ll get a learning & development budget, days off for attending conferences, and if you like, we’ll support you in learning German.
- We want to do well by doing good, so we turn down dodgy clients and donate 2% of our profits to charity.
- Our office near Hackescher Markt is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum. Take an office tour.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
- We care about our employees’ happiness. Check-out what they are saying about working here.