Senior Technical Product Owner (f/m/div) // FinLeap
FinReach sits at the heart of all convergent technologies trends (SaaS, APIs, microservices, etc.) and our teams are tackling some pretty challenging problems in technology today.
As a Product Owner at FinReach, you must be able to differentiate between good products and extraordinary products. You have a demonstrated experience in communication and being a part of a cross-functional team delivering a great product to market. You manage the entire product portfolio from strategic planning to tactical activities. You work in a Scrum team to drive the development of modular, composable, and/or maintainable microservices. You will have an incredible amount of impact on the current state and future direction of our products, with visibility throughout the organization and a significant opportunity to take ownership.
In this role, you’ll be working directly with our CPO and a team of product owners & a product manager. Finreach Solutions team members come from a wide variety of backgrounds and are naturally curious self-learners, and build the right solution for the long-term rather than the right solution for right now.
What you’ll achieve:
- Become comfortable with FinReach tools and processes by partnering with a member of your team to ramp up effectively
- Consult with internal stakeholders in product and Operations on our best practices and standards
- Talk to internal partners to understand customers’ needs — Start owning your product!
- Work with the team to ensure that development, product, processes and tools are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of customer demand, quality and delivery targets
- Coordinate Scrum team to into a cohesive product plan and release strategy
- Make sure that every user story fulfils the INVEST criteria and is clear to a Development team.
- Scope and prioritise activities based on business and customer impact
- Support our CPO to further develop and grow our Product Owner team.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Great organizational skills, ongoing expertise in product management, engineering and/or project management
- Previous software development experience is a must
- Ready to work hands-on in a no-ego environment, to further build our product(s) towards our shared company strategy
- Business-driven mindset with a passion for and deep understanding of technology; you crave creating innovative technical solutions that fill a real business need
- A strong sense of ownership of the work you do and believe in doing things the right way for the right reasons
- High energy and drive; product owners are crucial leaders and decision-makers in our company and need the energy and passion to be on top of their game
- Excellent English communication skills (German as a plus); ability to bring your point across effectively and efficiently
- Possessing an industry-recognized certification (CSPO, PSPO) is a plus
- Experience of work in a scaled Scrum environment (Nexus, LeSS, Scrum of Scrums) is a plus.
What you’ll get from us:
Working with us means you will be challenged every day by our customers and your peers. You can be yourself, speak freely, be trusted and respected. You get to give and receive regular feedback to improve yourself and others.
We know that exceptional people don’t choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you’re set up for success. As part of our team you can benefit from our employee-funded company pension scheme, receive varied discounts (from public transportation to sports) and 28+ days of vacation per year. Naturally, we help you with integration in the city; provide relocation/visa support and German classes, if applicable. Plus the fun stuff, like choosing your own work equipment, weekly yoga or jogging with your peers, a fully stocked kitchen, regular lunches/breakfasts, other team socials and quarterly team events. Check out our page on Stackoverflow and our website to learn more!
Our technical stack consists of several services which are written in Java, Ruby, Python and Clojure. They communicate via HTTP and data is stored in MongoDB, MySQL, and Elasticsearch. Our frontends are based on React.js and Angular.js. The services are running in Docker containers in a private data center for high security. Deployments are orchestrated with Ansible and Rundeck, and we are looking forward to moving to Kubernetes. We use GitHub for source control and Travis CI for continuous integration. The development process is in Scrum-based with 2-weeks sprints.
Our mission is to enable retail banking excellence through Software-as-a-Service solutions. Companies like DKB, Deutsche Bank and the German Sparkassen rely on FinReach to stay agile, deliver faster, and make the most of their IT investment with API-led connectivity. Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we’re committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace. We’re growing and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us!
FinReach welcomes and encourages applications from diverse backgrounds e.g. related to gender, age, ethnicity, culture, race, religion and belief, disability, nationality, sexual orientation and gender identity. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values, providing an environment where everyone brings distinct experience, talent, opinions and culture to their work.
To all recruitment agencies: FinReach does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to FinReach employees or to any other company location. FinReach is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the company.
What have you done before? What are you interested in? What motivates you? Please apply Online with your LinkedIn profile (or CV if you prefer). Please don’t send a generic cover letter. We’d rather hear your short intro in the summary section.