SVP Insurance Product – Element (f/m/x) // FinLeap
ELEMENT is Germany’s first white label product factory with an insurance license for the property and casualty sector. We enable our partners to offer innovative insurance products to their customers with record speed and a fully digital experience – our partners range from online retailers, insurtechs, brokers to traditional insurers. Together with our highly motivated team of technology enthusiasts, insurance experts and thought leaders, we are leading a digital evolution in the world of insurance. We are driven by a common idea: “Insurance must be better, completely digital and without bureaucracy”.
ELEMENT seeks to partner with leaders in the insurance industry. ELEMENT works closely with its industry partners to deliver products and solutions, which lead to enhanced automation and data-driven processes. ELEMENT is looking for a SVP Insurance Product (f/m/x). Are you willing to change the way insurance is delivered and to be at the forefront of our revolution? Then we are looking for you!
What will keep you challenged?
- Manage and grow our Insurance Product team, as well as being a thought leader for this function at Element.
- Assess risks, product approaches and coverage concepts in SHU / RS and possibly additional composite sectors.
- Coordinate the drafting of suitable coverage concepts and insurance conditions according to the market’s requirements from the first idea up until they are ready to go live.
- Ensure quality and efficiency of the product development process.
- Select the adequate and suitable risk/ pricing models with the team during new product developments and the evolution of the portfolio.
- Develop innovative, cutting-edge products for the insurance market.
- Steer and control the portfolio and initiate/manage measures for e.g. contract renewals or profitability.
- Collaborate intensively and successfully with all other departments, especially Sales, Operations/Claims and Tech.
- Support Sales and Partner onboarding in person for our key accounts.
What will make you succeed?
- Significant and at least 6 years of professional experience in underwriting, product development and tariff calculation of an insurance company or MGA.
- Proven successes in previous positions regarding product development
- Deep understanding of the insurance market and the competitive environment
- Ability to innovate and think outside the box.
- Proven leadership skills in the field of insurance or major intermediaries for several years.
- Lives ELEMENT’s corporate values as a relational, likable, smart and driven person who likes to work with several stakeholders.
- Analytical, conceptual and project management skills.
- Very good German and English skills.
- Potential to develop into being a member of ELEMENT’s management team
- Has the experience and potential to become a potential Board Member over time.
- The opportunity to be part of a founding team who’s creating a measurable impact on the future evolution of insurance technology
- A direct influence on our products and choice of technologies – we want to hear your ideas! Incredibly talented, dynamic and passionate team members
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and development
- A steep learning curve – our team is a mix of insurance experts and experienced entrepreneurs
- A furry team member (aka our office dog)
- Plenty of perks including a full benefits package, choice of computer, free drinks and snacks, venture outings and company-wide events
- Discounts for transportation tickets, gym memberships, local restaurants and more We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated both in and out of our office