Team Lead Commercial Product Management
Berlin Brands Group (BBG) has been designing, producing, and selling products in the areas of kitchen appliances, garden & living, sports and consumer electronics since 2005 and is now one of Europe’s largest digital companies including over 900 employees around the globe. We love brands and products!
As a Team Lead Product Management you will be part of the Product Team including 40+ team members with diverse backgrounds. What make our team unique is our team spirit. Everyone is ready to support colleagues and thus achieve the common goals. The goal of the position is to work on one of BBG’s main categories which is the “Climate” category including all cooling products (e.g. air conditioners) but also heating products (e.g. heaters, radiators). Exciting projects which will come soon are e.g. visiting the next big Canton fair and holding our next roadshow with our major suppliers. Are you ready for your next chapter at BBG?
What you will do:
- Lead and manage a team of 2-3 Product Managers and support their professional growth as well as ensuring the successful execution of product initiatives
- Define the strategic vision and direction for our entire category portfolio and collaborate with Product Managers to implement it effectively
- Track team KPIs, initiate necessary actions, and implement steering measures when needed to ensure optimal performance
- Manage the entire product portfolio, from planning to launch, ensuring timely delivery and alignment with business objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, marketing, and sales, to drive effective product development and go-to-market strategies
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years work experience in the field of product management including experience with physical products
- 2-4 years of prior leadership positions, demonstrating your ability to lead and inspire a team
- Background in Business Administration, Engineering, Marketing, or equivalent
- Preferred background in E-Commerce to understand the unique challenges and opportunities of our industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to gather and analyze data to drive informed decision-making
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent proficiency in English, both written and verbal
What we offer:
- Flexible and hybrid working model with up to 3 home office days per week
- Dog friendly and modern office in the heart of Berlin (Spittelmarkt)
- Ability to work up to 28 days per year from abroad
- Public transport ticket grant, 30% discount on our products and 40% employer’s contribution to the company pension plan
- Active promotion of your development, e.g. through continuous performance feedback, language courses, further training and mental health coaching by the Fürstenberg Institute
- Daily fresh fruits and vegetables as well as drinks and various health offers e.g. physiotherapy, yoga and back training courses
- Support by a team of highly skilled and dedicated colleagues who celebrate successes together at numerous company events
Who we are:
BBG creates, builds, buys, and scales consumer brands globally. Within the last 17 years we have created and built 14 own e-commerce brands including our largest and best-known brands Klarstein, auna, blumfeldt and Capital Sports. Since 2020, we have been buying e-commerce brands, scaling them globally through our more than 100 sales channels and now we integrated more than 40 brands into our product portfolio. Our passion for good products is reflected by the over 4,800 items we bring to our customers in 28 countries via the D2C (Direct-to-Consumer) model. Our headquarter is in Berlin, however our employees work in a total of 10 locations around the globe – from Europe, UK, USA, to Asia.
We plan to grow even further and reinvest in world-class logistics and fulfilment, innovative digital marketing, e-commerce, marketplace development and other sales channels. To fuel this growth, we are looking for talented and highly motivated colleagues like you to join us in shaping the DNA of BBG.