Technical Product Owner – Platform & Developer Experience
Who we are
If you are looking to have an impact on the world, then read carefully because at Choco, we are moving mountains to transition the world’s food systems to become more sustainable. The food industry is an industry with essential problems, especially in food-supply-chain. We leverage technology to build the digital platform on which the global food trade will operate. We have the potential to reduce complexity in the supply chain, decrease food waste by 30%.
In 2018 we entered the market with our chat-based ordering app and had drastically changed the way businesses work and order with their suppliers. Our founders have helped build companies such as Zalando (IPO’d), Lazada (sold to Alibaba) and Foodora (sold to DeliveryHero). We recently raised one of the largest Series A funding rounds in European history.
Technology is at the core of our work. We are product-minded builders, architects, coders, bug-hunters and designers. We deliver the needed change via our mobile and web apps using cutting-edge tools, modern engineering practices and always keeping software quality on our radar. Of course, it’s not only about working with top-notch tools but keep hiring excellent engineers too.
Join us in leading the world’s transition to sustainable food systems.
What you will do
Here at Choco, we like to use the space shuttle as a metaphor for our engineering work. Now, you will join and help us bring the shuttle to the moon. Your mission will be to one of the main drivers of developer autonomy and empowering our product squads. Your core contribution will be the enablement of our cross-functional teams by allowing them to develop and release easier, faster and deploy smoothly on their own. Due to your work our systems will be healthy, stable and manageable.
- You will be in charge of creating and owning an internal product roadmap focusing on the right tooling, monitoring and alerting solutions.
- You will focus on developer experience and treat internal teams as customers.
- You will regularly interact with the product squads, developers and their user facing product managers.
- You will be part of our Platform team and work closely with backend and DevOps engineers.
- Tracking the success of deployments and rollbacks will be your regular task.
Our tech stack
We have a cutting-edge environment and use NodeJS, TypeScript, GraphQL, AWS DynamoDB and our infrastructure is powered by AWS SNS, AWS SQS, AWS Lambda, AWS AppSync, AWS CloudFormation, AWS CodePipeline and AWS S3.
What you will need to have an impact with us
- A mixed background of an engineer and a project/product manager. You may have worked earlier or currently as a developer, DevOps engineer, System engineer or a Technical PM. You managed technical projects/products for 1-3 years.
- Solid understanding of SDLC, release engineering, deployment process, CI/CD and the related cutting edge practices and tooling.
- You know how systems behave, fail and recover in cloud production and how to make them better.
- You can independently and efficiently incept, plan, manage and deliver short to mid-term technical projects.
- Good learning ability, communication, open-mindedness and great self-organizational skills will be absolutely key to the success of your work and the business overall.
You will impress us even more if you have
- Experience in developing microservices, TypeScript or mobile engineering background
- Experience working with Lambda functions and serverless architecture
What it’s like to be a Chocorian
You will join a company filled with smart, humble and hard-working people. We are a start-up where people put the team first, deeply trust each other, take ownership and truly understand what they are working for day by day.
You will join a group of people from all around the world who share their experiences and contribute in their areas of expertise and learn from each other.
You will join a passionate team that shares the same values and vision, a circle of friends that not only works hard but also laughs with- and cheers for each other.
With that said, it is absolutely crucial to find people who share this with us and who deeply identify themselves with the values of a Chocorian.