VP Product // Cara Care
VP Product at Cara Care
At Cara Care we are working towards our vision to empower individuals to live a healthier and happier life. To support every person in the world with a gastrointestinal disease, we are developing the first digital companion therapeutic for digestive health – Cara Care.
Our cross functional product team is responsible for shaping the user experience and bringing our products to life bringing together the power of UX, UI, Data Science, Tech, Medicine, Business and Psychology.
Starting immediately, we are looking for a VP Product to support us in our mission.
Together with the founders you will set and deliver the product vision for Cara Care. This role includes leading a multi-faceted product including consumer, patient, practitioner and business partner experiences.
What’s like to work with us
We are an interdisciplinary team of doctors, designers and software engineers who all truly care about what we’re building and how it can help people. Our work is inspired by our patient’s journey and our actions are focused on impact and results. We thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, while appreciating what it means to be healthy and well.
To learn a bit more about our motivation, our team and company, you can visit our career page: https://cara.care/careers
What we’re looking for
A group of your future teammates and stakeholders met to outline the key skills and behaviors we think will lead to success in this role:
You’re a natural born facilitator and communicator who works closely with users and data to inform product plans and iteratively achieve business goals. You’re a proven team-builder and problem solver who understands how to deliver world-class products at a fast growing startup.
You will own the product roadmap across all parts of the product. You will partner closely with our operations team including health coaches and physicians to develop experiences for patients that seamlessly blend human input with software.
- Know and enable our users
- Create a shared vision across stakeholders
- Build teamwork through trusted relationships
- Prioritize efficiently across a complex set of inputs
- Have the ability to zoom in and out from details to strategy
- Have the knowledge to build products in order to change the behaviour of our users
- Know the drivers of our business and our unit economics
- Security and privacy aware! You understand risks and best practice
- Lead a thoughtful product strategy that balances consumer, medical, business, and technical priorities.
- Clearly define and communicate what a winning consumer product looks like, rally teams to build it and iterate until we get it right.
- Obsessively map the user journey and find creative ways to improve it; making it more delightful and responsive to the user’s needs.
- Structure a product org around you that is designed for success and recruit a world-class team to help you execute our vision.
- Find and use data to drive informed decisions, even with imperfect information.
- Build consensus across our team, with external partners and our patients.
- Demonstrate expert understanding of agile development practices, understanding how to train and optimize team members’ techniques.
- Find and track the right OKRs/KPIs for our business to ensure efficient sustainable growth, engagement, satisfaction, and retention.
- Consider and support all the customers of Cara Care — from patients to practitioners to business operations — as you create and manage our product roadmap.
- Help build an aspirational consumer-facing healthcare brand that puts the patient first, and that redefines the standard digestive health treatments.
- 5-10+ years of senior product management work experience, a mix of early and mature stage company experience is a plus. Experience in digital health is a big plus
- Demonstrated success in building and leading a high performance product team
- Experience leading data-driven product strategies and roadmaps
- Track record of building consumer-facing products that both delight the user and exceed their business objectives
- Extreme proficiency in research, design, engineering and data analysis
- Passion for your personal health and wellness and that of others
- Languages: English is required
In return, we will ensure you have:
- Meaningful work – help people improve their lives
- A vibrant team and a friendly working atmosphere
- Ability to significantly influence the direction of our startup
- Competitive salary with regularly salary reviews
- Participate from our success: Equity options
- 26 days holiday a year (plus public holidays)
- The best equipment and setup to be productive
- Flexible working hours. If you prefer early starts, late finishes or from time to time remote
- Team events, weekly breakfasts and team drinks
- A well-equipped office in the heart of Berlin with plenty of snacks, drinks, fresh fruit and a great espresso machine
- We will review your application as quickly as possible and reply to you with next steps. If we haven’t selected your CV/LinkedIn profile please don’t let that put you off applying again. We get a lot of applications and sometimes it’s just not the right match. We always try, but often can’t provide you with individual feedback if we get many applications.
- If we move on to the next stage we will arrange a brief intro call where we can tell you more about us and chat through what you are looking for. We are also open to answer your questions about Cara Care. (Tip: Calls are better done in a quiet place, so please pick a time where you know you are going to be free.)
- After an interactive interview you will meet the team in person. If we both think that we should work together, we will make you an offer. We value your time and try to be as fast as possible to go through the process and will always provide you with feedback from any of our interview stages.
At Cara Care we care about equal opportunities.
Diversity is important to us. We need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That’s why we’re committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. Our team is looking forward to reading your application!
Please visit fill out this form to start the application process: