Business Development Manager // Startup Genome
In only 3 years our team at Startup Genome has taken the global leadership position in startup ecosystem policy advisory and research. We count the world’s leading economies as customers and partners, and advise 45 governments and private organizations across 30 countries to date.
Our publications, especially the annual Global Startup Ecosystem Report, are downloaded hundreds of thousands of times each year and covered in more than a thousand media articles each year including The Economist, The Atlantic, Forbes, TechCrunch, and more.
Our leadership position, our growth, and the quality of our work offers unique opportunities to our team members. We are headquartered in Silicon Valley, with offices in Berlin and New Delhi, and personnel in New York City, Atlanta and Kansas City. Beyond our team of serial entrepreneurs, public policy leaders and data scientists, our knowledge network brings together technology and economic development leaders globally.
We operate offices in San Francisco, Berlin and New Delhi. You will be working with the Sales and Business Development team in Berlin and coordinating with our other colleagues.
- Position: Business Development Manager
- Office Location: Berlin
- Start Date: ASAP
- Report to: Marc Penzel, Co-Founder & COO
At Startup Genome everyone is a leader. We challenge you to take on real responsibilities and deliver excellent results. In return, we provide outstanding opportunities for personal growth.
- Foster and develop new business relationships with startup ecosystem leaders and innovation policy government executives globally;
- Communicate new products and propositions to prospective clients;
- Independently deliver customer base growth, achieve growth targets and maximize the financial contribution of the Startup Genome Member Network;
- Support management to deliver a high quality Sales culture within the team;
- Collaborate with other internal functions to ensure customer needs are met;
- Prepare and lead ongoing meetings with top management.
We are a mission-driven organization with a strong team culture. We don’t have time for office politics or attitude. We focus on helping each other out and changing the world together.
- A collaborative, strong team player;
- Highly analytical mindset with a strong attention to detail;
- Independent and entrepreneurial thinker with a can-do attitude;
- A strong attention to process and process improvement
- Very confident (business fluent) in English and at least one other language;
- Experience in consulting, sales & business development, or innovation policy;
- Very good understanding of the global startup space (work experience preferred);
- Adept in Salesforce (or similar CRM systems), Microsoft Office and Google G Suite;
- Strong presentation skills.