Head of Business Development – f/m/x
In a nutshell: you’re great at strategy and tactics, and you’re even better at executing them. You delivered successful results in your previous jobs. When you screwed up, you took important learning and improved your approach. In your family everybody knows they can always rely on you. And if there’s conflict, you are the one to solve it. You don’t talk the talk, but you walk the walk. Back at school, teachers knew you always find a solution to a given problem, even in the most creative ways.
Let’s talk business: your job is all about new territories, new segments and new verticals. Your results are increasing the company’s commercial success – or in very simple words: your results lead to making more revenue :)
As Head of Business Development you apply your “let’s get-(sh)it-done” attitude, define smart strategies/tactics and execute them quickly. You are driven by courage, curiosity and positive thinking – fear is not what your friends primarily associate you with. However, when asking your friends who’s the most amicable person in the room – your name comes up right at the top.
Is this you? Then read on now!
Our vision: A public transport, as comfortable as your private car.
Today, people experience an inefficient public transport with static lines and fixed stops. This is changing rapidly, and the current pandemic further accelerates this megatrend. With door2door’s technology, public transport transforms into a flexible, efficient and convenient on-demand system. It is reducing the number of private cars on the road by offering a more attractive public transport.
As market leader in on-demand technology and mobility services, door2door provides public transport companies with the tools needed for them to implement an autonomous and fully integrated MaaS system. Our technology is already deployed 80+ times. Our products and services enjoy top ratings.
door2door’s success resulted in our appointed as member of the World Economic Forum, and being awarded as a Top-10 Company on LinkedIn’s list of top startup employers.
The key drivers for door2door’s growth are new regulation, massive funding, ambitious climate change goals, changing customer preferences and their mobility patterns. Therefore, our team is growing.
You are enthusiastic about new mobility? You want to feel a true impact of your work by transforming public transport, and make cities smarter? You enjoy working in an agile and dynamic environment towards company goals? You love motivated, diverse and multinational teamwork? Well, then apply now!
As Head of Business Development you are part of the “Growth Engine”, consisting of four teams: Marketing, Sales, Business Development and Consulting. You are reporting to the company’s Chief Commercial Officer (CCO). You are Member of the company’s “Leadership Team”.
- Expand and grow our business by developing new markets, new segments and new verticals: increase our commercial success, add revenue and contribute to our company’s EBIT! Make the P&L sexy!
- Successful companies discover additional revenue streams alongside their core business: therefore – discover, identify and unlock those exciting €€€ opportunities left and right
- Establish commercial partnerships around the world to sell our products – and explore efficient and fast ways to transform those partnerships into real revenue (test smart incentives, etc.)
- Co-develop our go-to-market- and sales strategy; take ownership in achieving the company’s commercial goals
- Discover new trends and link them early-on to our product requirements
- Analyse and monitor our ecosystem: what’s happening around us? what are our competitors doing? where’s the market going? etc.
- Create OKRs to steer your team and contribute to overall company OKRs
- Lead, train and improve your team to the next level – and hire top staff
- Measure the success of your team through relevant KPIs
- Leadership role (VP / Head of / Team Lead) of at least two years
- Commercial work experience (Sales, Biz Dev., Consulting, etc.) of 7-10 years
- Outstanding execution skills: please provide examples when you apply
- Strong negotiation and communication skills: please provide examples when you apply
- Strong analytical skills: please provide examples when you apply
- Experience in working with OKRs is a plus
- Excellent modern leadership skills and trust-building personality
- Fluency in English and German
Join a supportive team that pushes you to be your best, making a real difference in the world of Urban Mobility. Driven by our core company values of “Vision, Impact and Collaboration”, our unique culture is something you cannot copy/paste! Become part of our team, join the ride and you will gain:
- Learning: Your growth matters! We support your development through our varied learning program offerings
- Flexibility & Support: We care about work-life balance with flexible hours, home office, parental support as well as support during life’s ups and downs
- Work Environment: Multinational, open minded and welcoming atmosphere, plenty of healthy snacks, drinks and coffee to keep you fuelled throughout the day
- Location: Warm and unspoiled areas in an old factory building in the heart of Berlin, even in times of Covid-19. Our office is fully Covid-19 prepared and conform. Our HQ’s roof terrace is the perfect place to end the week with a drink with Anastasia & Yone
- Health and Wellness: Stay fit with our Urban Sports Club Membership
- Challenge: Become part of something amazing. With real impact. Now!