Head of Sales Strategy and Operations (m/f/d)
ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers.
Not a scientist or researcher? Never heard of us? That’s okay.
The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on changing the way scientists communicate for the better. We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
The Head of Sales Strategy and Operations will be a key member of our Commercial Leadership Team and lead our Sales Strategy and Operations function, providing critical business insights, ensuring cross-functional alignment of goals and execution, and driving strategic initiatives.
The role will report to our Director of Sales, and be instrumental in developing our global go-to-market strategy and maintaining all operational aspects of the sales organization, helping redefine how ResearchGate’s customers support scientists.
Discover more about ResearchGate’s Marketing and Recruitment Solutions:
Objective of the Role
- Partner with the Director of Sales and Commercial Leadership Team to develop and drive the organization’s commercial business plan and sales strategies, including owning key initiatives independently.
- Manage a team responsible for driving the sales strategy and operations for each of our business units, including commercial operations, resource optimization, measuring progress against sales goals, and facilitating weekly sales management meetings.
- Help set the agenda, including identifying opportunities to improve sales team efficiency and efficacy and leading efforts to scale best practices across teams.
- 8 years of work experience, including significant people management and development experience, preferably including strategy consulting or experience in another tech sales organization.
- Demonstrated business acumen and experience leading an agenda within a senior leadership team, including ability to surface issues and resolve conflicts in a way that builds buy-in and ensures execution.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, with fluent and idiomatic English.
- MBA, advanced degree, or equivalent experience.
You’ll be working in a dynamic company culture with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated: you’ll be interviewed by the people you’ll be working with.
Our headquarters are located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world.
This is a full-time position based in either Germany or the UK. We are a digital first organisation and support mobile and flexible working.