Manager, Sales and Client Relations (full-time, m/w/d) // Expath
We help expats settle in and find their place.
Expath combines innovative language training and award-winning* relocation services to provide Berlin’s international residents with all the skills, tools and information they need to set up life in their new home city.
With 2 central locations in Mitte and Neukölln and a team of over 70 dedicated teachers and coaches, Expath uniquely serves the expat community as a premier language school and relocation coaching resource center.
Founded in 2012 by Tia Robinson and Stephan Brenner to help expats moving to Berlin navigate bureaucracy and learn German, Expath now also provides global mobility and language training services to some of Berlin’s largest and most successful start-ups and tech firms.
Starting with SoundCloud in 2014, word spread of our expertise and hands-on, friendly customer service, extending Expath’s reach today to over 500 language learners and 300 relocatees across 30 company partners. And growth is accelerating – with a doubling of monthly revenue and full-time team members in just the past year!
As we implement systems to prepare to scale, we’re looking for a Sales and Client Relations Manager to help us take Expath to the next level. Are you ready to help us define a new market?
Your mission, should you choose to accept it: Manage and grow our partnership pipeline, lead the planning and development of strategic and successful sales campaigns, and manage existing client relations, providing post-sales support and driving recurring revenue.
How you will meet this challenge:
- Identify and target potential partners through outbound prospecting campaigns and sales presentations; act as first point of contact for any inquiries, converting qualified leads into customers.
- Develop and maintain your pipeline autonomously and proactively, driving the entire sales cycle (from initial contact, planning and execution of customer presentations, offers, contract negotiations and conclusion of the contract).
- Work together with Expath Language School staff to ensure new company language classes and private lessons are set up quickly and meet client expectations.
- Serve as primary liaison to existing and new company partners; provide post-sales support.
- Collaborate with senior management on overall sales strategies to further improve current and future revenue generation.
- Define and execute plans to meet and exceed your role-based goals.
- Offer forward-thinking analytical frameworks in both sales strategy and processes to define and deliver on sales targets.
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline status, sales activity and results.
- Help to continuously improve our internal and external sales processes.
- Become an advocate for our brand and an expert in customer service and CRM.
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years sales/CRM experience – ideally B2B or start-up – with track record of driving and exceeding ambitious sales targets.
- German native speaker level, with near-native English fluency (C1+).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Development or similar is a plus.
- Possess a sales mindset and enjoy developing new cooperations and closing successful deals.
- Fast-learner driven to action, entrepreneurial thinking, passionate about sales, customer service and CRM tools.
- Strong analytical background and KPI driven mindset; experience with sales/CRM software.
- Enthusiastic about helping and serving clients, a high level of goal and customer orientation and self-motivation, and charming with a friendly persistence.
- Admire the start-up spirit and enjoy being in contact with potential customers.
What we offer:
- One-of-a-kind, market-defining opportunity.
- Shape your own critical role in a fast-growing company.
- Competitive compensation with uncapped commission.
- Flexible schedule.
- Independent and autonomous workflow management.
- Working with the nicest team in Berlin!
We’re excited for the next phase of our evolution – Berlin and beyond. Will you a be part of it?
Come join us! Send us your CV ([email protected]). Instead of a cover letter, we want to see a sample sales email (125 words max) you would send to a potential client in your new role at Expath.
* Best Destination Services Provider (EMEA) 2018 – Forum for Expatriate Management