Pharma R&D Business Development Manager
At Apheris, we are empowering organizations to jointly analyze their data while protecting intellectual property and preserving data privacy. We are building the foundation on top of which organizations collaborate on data and distribute the resulting value.
Our product allows companies to develop new data-driven business models and create entirely new data marketplaces. Via leveraging cutting edge technologies like decentralized computation and cryptographic approaches, we open-up privacy-preserving data ecosystems within and between institutions. This allows data scientists to analyse third-party data without direct access to it. Owners of big amounts of sensitive data on the other side can unlock value by providing their data via the Apheris platform without risking their intellectual property. We have set up such data ecosystems for top 10 pharma and chemical R&D enterprises and are ready for more.
Enabling new ways of collaboration and innovation is not just our purpose, collaboration is as well one of our core values. We are driven by impact and strive for the impossible. We build a safe environment for our team where we are responsible together and everyone commits to take up ownership. Together, we create a whole that is far more than the sum of its parts. We are always hungry to learn and stay humble while we grow.
Our team of world-class researchers and engineers at the intersection of data privacy, cryptography and computational sciences is backed by some of the world’s best investors and tech leaders like LocalGlobe, Twitter chairman Patrick Pichette and MuleSoft founder Ross Mason. With their help, we currently focus on productization of a general-purpose tech core and on winning our next 10 early customers. If you want to join us in our exciting and rapid growth phase and collaborate with us, we would love to get to know you.
About the role
As a Pharma R&D Business Development Manager you will be accountable for developing new use cases and together with our founding team place those with our next high-profile customers in the pharmaceutical sector. Your scientific expertise and industry experience will allow us to define our go-to-market strategy and has strong influence on our market positioning and product development efforts.
You are one of our first commercial hires and therefore have the chance to shape your role with very high impact on our business and growth. You will work directly with our founders Robin and Michael. This role is heavily cross-functional and will be collaborating across all our teams from product to engineering, data science and privacy.
What you will spend your time on
- Developing use cases and proposals for pilot projects with Life Science customers
- Interacting with our new and existing customers (incl. large deal negotiations)
- Improving our sales and business development strategies
- Writing scientific whitepapers and developing pharma R&D focussed sales material
- Building and managing a highly efficient commercial organization and CRM
- Facilitating the onboarding of new customers
Essential requirements for the role
- Strong scientific academic background in pharma, (bio-)chemistry or related fields
- Several years of industry experience in pharmaceutical R&D
- At least three years of professional experience in customer success, consulting or key account management in IT-related roles
- Previous exposure to data science, data structures and large enterprise data
- Passion for deeply technical topics
- Strong analytical thinking and intrinsic sense of ownership
- Excited about implementing new structures from scratch
- Self-motivated team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty
Additional features we consider a plus
- Highest track record of engaging customers in pharma, healthcare, and chemical R&D
- Direct exposure to pharmaceutical scientific research and large network in the pharmaceutical sector
If you do not match 100% of the above requirements but you think you fit this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. We value the right people and search based on your personality, potential and motivation to learn and grow. Together we can adapt the role in a way that is meant for you!
What we offer you
- Plenty of room to grow personally and professionally and shape your own role
- A fun and diverse team of smart and driven people
- Industry-competitive compensation
- Access to an employee participation program
- Personal budget for conferences, books, trainings and courses
- The right hardware to make you efficient – be it a laptop with Linux, Windows or a MacBook
- Regular team lunches and social events
- Daily fresh fruit, drinks, coffee (and an occasional beer)
- Inspiring office space in the heart of Berlin directly at the river (Paul Lincke Ufer)
- Possibility to work remotely