Sales Development Representative – German speaking
About the Opportunity
As a Sales Development Representative joining our EMEA sales team, you’ll have a direct impact on the growth of the company by managing our lead pipeline and identifying leads and sales opportunities with an emphasis on driving outbound activities within our DACH market. In addition, you will refine our sales prospecting techniques.
What to expect?
- You effectively maintain the active engagement with our existing leads through an adaptable and personalised approach
- Partner with, and help to build the pipelines of Enterprise and Strategic Account Executives who will assist in developing and sharpening your skills through consistent feedback.
- Documenting various details including use case, stakeholders, vendor decision process, next steps
- Prioritizing opportunities and applying appropriate internal resources
- Use and keep Salesforce.com up-to-date for lead management and sales forecasting
- Ensure a timely follow-up with all prospects
- Achieve monthly and quarterly goals of qualified opportunities and meetings booked for the Account Executives.
- Ability to communicate with DACH customers with native level German skills
What you need to be successful
- College / University Degree educated
- 1-2 years of work experience preferred; and previous SDR experience is highly advantageous
- Multi-lingual preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Seeks to understand the customer’s needs, objectives and challenges
- Active listener and good note taker
- Ability to pro-actively qualify customer needs
- Ability to understand the business opportunity, and to articulate it to the AE team, by understanding the prospect’s use case and requirements well and how Contentful fits into the customer’s goals
- Ability to build rapport with prospects, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Self starter, doesn’t wait for things to happen, but pro-actively takes action to move the conversation forward
- Willingness to travel (up to 10%)
- Ability to follow the set processes, update the relevant systems diligently, and make suggestions on improvements where required
- Detail oriented and data driven
- Ability to work with standard software such as Salesforce, and others.
- Technical understanding and keen interest for technology
- Customer-first mindset, where you and company wins by helping our customers to be successful
- Fluency in English and German
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang & Olufsen, N26 and Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin and San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!