Senior Account Executive – DACH
Locations of the role: We’re open to remote applicants! Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, London, Paris, Dublin…
Algolia has been growing exponentially in Germany: It represents one of our largest markets and holds a ton of opportunities for you to exceed quotas. As an Algolia Account Executive, you will join an existing German-speaking team and be one of the core players in our success story. You will be an important voice in how we address this market and able to gain a lot of visibility both within our fast-growing tech company as well as within the German eCommerce/ retail segment.
As an Algolia Account Executive, you will be responsible for creating strong relationships with our customers/prospects to expand our footprint and close new businesses in the Mid-Market and Enterprise segment. You know the ins and outs of Algolia, understand how we can benefit each prospect and will ultimately be the front line of our revenue growth in the German-speaking markets.
Are you a resilient problem-solver who isn’t afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty? We expect you to take ownership and be able to execute, defining your own territory strategy. We’re looking for candidates who raise the level and bring sales excellence to the revenue organisation. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally.
Algolia is a search & discovery API that enables companies of all sizes to deliver fast and relevant digital experiences that drive real results. More than 10,000 companies including Stripe, Discovery, Medium, Twitch, LVMH, Lacoste and ProSiebenSat1 rely on Algolia to manage over 70 billion search queries a month, making Algolia one of the biggest search engines worldwide.
Founded in 2012, Algolia is backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, and Salesforce Ventures.
With over 400 employees, the team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Managing and growing a sales pipeline;
- Driving inbound and outbound leads through complex sales cycles to closed won;
- Working your network and collaborating with external partners to source and facilitate new Enterprise projects;
- Managing and prospecting with an existing account base to drive usage-based and feature-based upsells;
- Generating new projects from booking self-driven outbound meetings;
- Building compelling demonstrations with the pre-sales team, sales material and ROI studies bringing value to our customers;
- Building territory plans to share your strategic vision for your market and customers;
- Forecasting accurately to help the team hit their numbers;
- Collaborating with sales developers, solutions engineers, customer success managers, legal, partner managers and marketing.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 4+ years of experience in a similar AE position closing complex deals (esp. in B2B SaaS sales, selling to retail/ eCommerce customers);
- Excellent spoken and written German skills required, professional level English (Polish, Czech or French are a plus);
- Strong familiarity with outbound prospecting techniques, tools and processes;
- Experience in working with partners (solution integrators, consultancies, independent software vendors);
- Hunter mindset and an excitement for SaaS sales.
NICE TO HAVE:
- You love tech sales;
- You have a curious mindset and are capable to understand prospects’ pains and how a deep tech solution like Algolia can solve it;
- You thrive in dynamic environments and are capable to adjust to constant change;
- You are excited by the idea of building things and have a structured and strategic approach to working your territory;
- You believe you are in charge of your own success and you have the grit to continue going when things get challenging.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT – Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment;
- TRUST – Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership;
- CANDOR – Ability to receive and give constructive feedback;
- CARE – Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company;
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance;
- Life and Disability Insurance;
- Business Travel Insurance;
- Relocation support;
- Flexible work hours and flexible time off policy.
- Competitive pay and equity;
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, you name it;
- Everything you need to be efficient;
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences;
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French);
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents;
- Charitable contribution matching;
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice;
- Fully stocked kitchens;
- Team workouts;
- Meals & happy hours;
- $1000 Remote work Stipend.