Technical Customer Success Manager (B2B SaaS, Climate Tech)
We are a fast-growing climate tech startup on a mission to drive climate action through data and insight. Our team consists of entrepreneurs, technologists, and scientists who have come from backgrounds such as Google, MIT, and other leading companies and academic institutions. Together, we are building a tech platform that empowers organizations to take action in tackling the climate crisis. Our powerful carbon calculation engine helps businesses embed emission metrics into any software they already use to accurately calculate and continuously monitor their carbon footprint and drive better decisions.
Our platform is used by thousands of sustainability leaders worldwide, and we are proud to be backed by renowned international VCs and investors in the climate-tech and software sector. We are also a certified B Corp, highlighting our commitment to balancing purpose and profit. We have recently been recognized for our work, having been selected as the winner of the Enterprise and Smart Data category at the prestigious SXSW Interactive Festival. As a remote-first company, our team is spread out across Berlin and other parts of Europe, with a strong focus on collaboration and innovation.
This is an exciting time to join Climatiq. Be part of real, technology-driven endeavor from the beginning. Work with an amazing team and help build something meaningful together with our community.
We are now looking for a passionate Technical Customer Success Manager to join our team in Berlin or remotely.
In this role you will build on the existing relationships with our customers, helping them get the most out of our product and acquire a strong understanding of their needs. As a Technical Customer Success Manager at Climatiq, you will work with large software vendors to understand and accelerate their sustainability feature roadmap and help their product managers, sales, and marketing teams build and sell carbon intelligence solutions to their customers. Internally, you will work closely with our growth and product teams, supporting them with customer data and insights to help shape our product and sales strategies.
For our API-driven solution, it is important that you are technically savvy and can build connections with a wide array of stakeholders, ranging from developers to sustainability managers and business leaders. Ideally, you have some knowledge of carbon accounting and/or sustainability.
You will join an international, experienced team of climate scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs to build the next unicorn.
- Assisting and guiding new customers through their implementation of our API-based solutions to ensure strong adoption
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting relationships with customers to continuously drive value generation, lead renewal conversations, develop expansion strategies, and identify deeper adoption opportunities
- Evaluating and analyzing customer needs
- Determining and monitoring KPIs to measure adoption and customer outcomes
- Creating technical onboarding materials and flows to encourage a scalable self-service approach to adoption
- Supporting the product and marketing teams with customer data and insights
- Setting and tracking milestones for customers and our team to work towards
- 4+ years of experience in a customer relationship or partnership development role
- Experience with API-based products, or related fields such as developer tooling, cloud infrastructure, application software, embedded finance, or other enterprise SaaS
- Proven track record of managing large accounts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Flawless interpersonal skills: you can empathise, earn trust, and influence stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills to help persuade and guide customers
- Proactive and self-driven, comfortable with ambiguity in a startup environment
- Exceptional level of attention to detail and structured work
- Bonus: Understanding of the GHG-Protocol, carbon accounting practices, and emission calculations
- Location: Berlin or Remote within +/- 2 hours of CET timezone
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Hours: full-time, flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and benefits, including employee stock options
Climatiq is a certified B Corp and an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Send us your CV and a short cover letter, highlighting your skills and experience, relevant for the advertised role.