Engineering Manager (m/f/d)
We are JOIN, Europe’s fastest-growing HR Tech company with over 80,000 clients in the DACH region and over 100,000 job listings.
Our ambition is to change the way companies hire on a global scale. As a strong team with 75 motivated colleagues, we are currently growing our team to become Europe’s most widely used talent attraction software.
We deeply believe that great companies are made by great people. That’s why we help thousands of companies attract, manage, and hire their next great talent in a smart way.
- Lead and manage a team of engineers in developing and delivering high-quality software solutions
- Guide cross-functional and distributed teams to deliver high-quality results within tight deadlines.
- Foster a culture of innovation, mentoring, and skill development within the engineering team.
- Establish and articulate clear and achievable objectives for the engineering team, ensuring alignment with overall organizational targets.
- Support your team and ensure they are aligned, performant, fulfilled and continuously develop both technically and personally via One on Ones
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget, while maintaining a focus on quality and customer satisfaction
- Promote a culture of continuous learning, innovation, and collaboration within the engineering team
- Take active part in interviewing and hiring engineers from diverse backgrounds for your own and other teams
- Share your knowledge, develop expertise in our product and grow with your team to become an even greater engineering manager.
YOUR FUTURE TEAM
Are you passionate about leading and inspiring teams? We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to launch and nurture our European hub in Berlin. In this role, you’ll be more than a manager; you’ll be a mentor and a motivator, central to developing a supportive and thriving team culture. You’ll have the exciting task of guiding a diverse group of professionals, driving growth and fostering collaboration. This is your chance to make a real impact, not only within our team but also in shaping the future of the recruiting industry. Come join us and be a part of something bigger, where your leadership truly matters
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software engineering
- Basic knowledge in one or more of the following fields: Nodejs,Reactjs,SQL,Kuberentes,graphql,Docker,gRpc,Pubsub
- Strong understanding of software development processes and methodologies.
- Familiarity with SaaS platforms and cloud technologies.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and managing a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in hiring, mentoring, and developing technical talent.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- An attractive annual salary ranging from EUR 85000 to EUR 105000, tailored to align with your level of experience.
- Macbook Pro or PC
- Stand-up desks
- Experience an inspiring, diverse, and international work atmosphere
- Work in our design office located in the famous Kulturbrauerei in Prenzlauer Berg, in the heart of Berlin!
- Regular team events, company events, breakfast or lunch sponsored by the company
- Enjoy flexibility with our hybrid work approach: If you work in the office as an employee (3 days a week), you’ll receive an annual mobility budget of €600 for either Rydes or a BVG card
- Benefit from 4 weeks of “Work from Anywhere” each year after your probation period
- You’ll receive an annual benefits budget of €600 and can enjoy the perks from 35 premium partners.
Our recruiting process is designed to help us learn as much as possible about each candidate, provide candidates with insights into our team, and show them what it’s like to be a team member at JOIN.
1. HR Screening call – Google Meet
2. Management & Leadership Assessment – Google Meet or Onsite
3. Cultural Fit – Google Meet or Onsite
4. Technical Interview – Google Meet or Onsite
5. Meet and Greet Team (Optional) – Onsite
6. Offer from HR – Google Meet
We believe that uniqueness connects us and helps us succeed both as individuals and as a team. That’s why we not only welcome diversity but celebrate it. We take equality and inclusion seriously and commit to welcoming everyone in our team with openness, acceptance, and respect. At JOIN, we want all team members to feel seen and supported.
We welcome all applications, regardless of age, physical or mental abilities, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or any other diverse backgrounds. Need assistance or accommodations, either in the workplace or during the hiring process? Please do not hesitate to let us know!
Don’t meet all the requirements? That’s okay too; we’re open to exceptional profiles and celebrate diversity!
Sounds interesting? We look forward to getting to know you!